Oxford Mermaid Electric Bathroom Hoist
The Mermaid bath hoist is a fixed bath hoist that enables patients to safely transfer in and out of the bath. The Mermaid can be used with a fixed seat or with the Ranger transporter system and comes complete with wooden and concrete floor fixings.
The Mermaid can be fitted in two positions relative to the bath. The most common is the side fit, where the mast is fitted at the side of the bath and the end fit is where the mast is fitted to the center line of the bath at one end.
The seat has a locking system that allows safe transfer and when the chair is unlocked it will rotate 360 degrees. The seat is raised and lowered by the hand control (on a flexy cord) which is plugged into the control unit at the top of the main column.
The batteries are located in the power pack and are charged through a socket which also serves as the power supply socket for the lift. The socket is labelled POWER/CHARGING POINT. The battery pack on the Oxford Mermaid can be removed from the lift and charged independently or it can be charged while still attached to the lift. An additional battery pack can be supplied, if required, so that one pack can be on charge at all times.
The Mermaid has an Emergency Raise facility that will raise the seat should the lift fail to rise through the hand control.The Transporter chair is made in) complete chair are connected with a simple latch located at the rear of the seat.
Measurements of Transporter:
- Max width 610mm (24")
- Max depth 560mm (22")
- Max hight 610mm (24")
- Seat height 510mm (20")
- Seat to footrest (adjustable) 430 - 480mm (17 -19")
- Safe working load 125 kg (19.6 stone)
- Maximum height to base of seat 715mm (28")
- Minimum height to base of seat 140mm (5½")
- Width of seat 450mm (18")
- Width between arms 395mm (15½")
- Depth of seat 410mm
- Max seat turning circle with side fitting 850mm (33½")
- Maximum seat turning radius with end fitting arm option 890mm (35")
- Minimum recommended clearance from mast to allow for leg room 1000mm (40")
Please Choose Type
- Type "A" Mermaid with standard fixed seat kit - (Side Fit) and UK charger . (European charger available)
- Type "B" Mermaid with standard fixed seat kit - (End Fit) and UK charger. (European charger available)
- Type "C" Mermaid with Ranger Transporter,Commode & Shower Seating system - (Side Fit) with UK Battery charger. (European charger also available)
- Type "D" Mermaid with Ranger Transporter,Commode & Shower Seating system - (End Fit) with UK battery charger (European charger is also available)