The e-motion M25 power drive offers extra power and a lighter weight in comparison to the previous model. Each wheel weighs only 7.8 kg, a 33% reduction from the M15 and is now available in three wheel sizes, 22", 24" and 25". Ideal for active individuals looking for a powerful and versatile mobility solution to suit a busy lifestyle.
E-Motion merges active mobility with therapeutic benefit, enabling wheelchair users with impaired strength to move around independently and more easily. Only minimal force is required to self propel the chair and the user‘s active range is increased making it easier to negotiate hills and ramps etc without assistance.
E-Motion fits most of the modern wheelchairs normally available on the market. The chair‘s original wheels can simply be exchanged for e-motion drive wheels giving the user the choice of manual or powered assisted wheels.
E-Motion can be switched on and off from an upright sitting position using the remote control. In addition, two selectable power stages assure optimal driving convenience – precisely adapted to each user’s personal mobility restriction and needs. Wheelchair users will also appreciate the rollback delay, which prevents the chair from rolling backwards down a slope and is an invaluable aid on steep hills. The high-contrast display shows the battery charge as well as various service and diagnostic codes. Thanks to the large buttons, all functions can be easily accessed even with restricted hand function. Numerous parameters, such as the assistance level can be freely programmed.
Apart from its driving performance, E-Motion also impresses with its handling
convenience and easy of transportation. You benefit from a significantly extended active range that adds to the enjoyment of outings or holidays.
The E-Motion wheels and their integrated batteries can be detached from the wheelchair and stowed away in the boot of a car in a matter of seconds. Alternatively, any folding wheelchair can still be folded even with E-Motion attached, thus saving space. The battery charger supplied with E-Motion adapts automatically to any mains voltage from 100 to 240 V – an immense advantage for all those who like to travel. If part of the journey involves flying, the batteries can also be disconnected from the wheel and carried separately.
E.motion reduces manual effort up to 80%. Simply use as a manual wheelchair and when applying pressure to the push-rims it engages the power-assist motors to help you with your everyday travels.
Free Fitting Service Available Depending on Location
- Maximum carrying weight including wheelchair 180kg (396lb)
- Range 25km (15 miles) depending on terrain
- Anti-tippers with jack-up function for easy removal of the wheel
- Rubber-coated rims for improved grip
- Spoke covers
- Remote control holder
- Replacement battery pack
- Rollback delay
- Activation via remote control
- Drive wheels delay rollback on uphill inclines
- Remote control
- Programming of driving parameters
- Large buttons, easy to operate even with little effort
- On/Off, assistance levels, info button for system query
- Two assistance levels
- Individually programmable
- Remote battery monitor
- Reading the battery condition from the sitting position
- Display of service and diagnostic codes via LCD
- Coded radio transmission
- Prevents interferences with other electrical devices
- Safe signal transmission and accurate indication of operating conditions
Questions & Answers
- Can E-Motion be fitted to my wheelchair?
E-Motion can be fitted to almost all modern wheelchair models. A bracket is mounted on the wheelchair frame to accept the e-motion wheels. The manual wheelchair wheels can still be used.
- Which E-Motion versions are available?
Wheel sizes: 22" or 24". Push rims: stainless steel. Tyres: pneumatic tyres (standard) or puncture-proof tyres.
- What accessories are available for E-Motion?
Anti-Tippers, spoke covers, rubber-coated push rims, remote control holder, replacement battery pack, push rim covers.
- How far can I travel on a single battery charge?
The drive engineering employed in E-Motion means that the achievable range depends very heavily on how it is used. Indoor movement involving continuous use of motor power for starting, steering and braking reduces the range considerably more than consistent movement outdoors. A battery charge can be sufficient here for a distance of approximately 25 km / 15 miles under favourable conditions. Charging time approximately 6 hours.
e-motion does not have a definite maximum speed level. The speed achieved depends on the strength of the propelling movement, as is the case with manual wheelchairs. E-Motion assists the propelling movement up to 6 km/h / 3.7 mph.
- How heavy may a person using e-motion be?
E-Motion is designed for a maximum person weight of 130 kg / 20 stone, regardless of the type of wheelchair used.
- How much does E-Motion weigh? and how much wider does my chair become?
2 wheels 11kg / 24lbs each - Increases width of chair by 2 - 4cm
- Only a small bracket on each side of the wheelchair allows the e-motion wheels to be mounted
- Customized brackets for each wheelchair model
- Fits almost all conventional wheelchair models
- Manual wheelchair wheels can normally continue to be used
- Anti-tippers with swiveling and jack-up functions:
- Easily attached and removed via quick-release device
- Height and length adjustable
- Automatic swing-aside feature for climbing curbs and crossing thresholds
- Jack-up function for easy removal of wheels
- Anti-tippers are distributed in pairs; original wheelchair anti-tippers can normally be used
- Long lasting Lithium-Ion technology
- Range of up to 16 miles per charge in compliance with ISO 7176-4
- Light weight (5 lbs. each)
- Easily removable with quick-release device
- Improves grip
- Ideal for users with limited hand functions
- Completely coated push-rim prevents against slippage
- Protection against turning wheel
- For both 22” and 24” wheel sizes
- Used to attach the ECS directly to the wheelchair
- ECS can be inserted and removed without the use of tools
- Makes handling of ECS easier, especially if hand functions are limited
- Neoprene pouch with retractable reel cord and neoprene pouch with Velcro strap for easy attachment to forearm or thigh
- The e-motion power-assisted wheel is mounted on the wheelchair in place of the manual wheel.
- The batteries are integrated in the wheel hub.
- A sensor registers the propelling movement and activates the electrical motors.